Worship is responding with all that we are to all that God is.
The Scriptures call us to engage in both corporate worship (like Sunday services)
and whole-life worship (what we do with the balance of our everyday lives to glorify and enjoy God).
RESOURCES FOR SUNDAY WORSHIP
LIVE WORSHIP SERVICES
Though we are not currently gathering together in one place during this season of social distancing, we’d love to “see” you online for our live-streamed service each Sunday at 10:00am.
Each service lasts approximately one hour, and includes singing, Scripture readings, silent praise & confession, and a sermon, as well as an opportunity to chat live with others and ask for prayer.
PAST WORSHIP SERVICES
BEFORE THE SERVICE
1) Print out the latest order of service and notes from our blog.
2) Grab your Bible and something to write with.
3) If we’re taking Communion, have some kind of bread and juice/wine on hand. (If you’re not yet a follower of Jesus, use this time to consider his person and work. What’s keeping you from trusting and following Him today?)
4) Seek out a comfortable place where you can participate in the entirety of the service with minimal distractions.
5) Take a few moments to pray for God to work as the church worships together.
6) Join us on Facebook Live a few minutes before 10:00am each Sunday. Use the chat to say hello, encourage one another, request prayer, etc.
DURING THE SERVICE
1) Turn up the volume so you are less inhibited in singing and worshiping aloud.
2) To help you avoid treating this as just another form of media to consume, try to engage as a whole person – heart, soul, mind, and body. Feel free to kneel, stand, raise your hands, or even dance in worship!
3) Engage in the chat feature, remembering that you’re worshiping as part of something bigger than yourself. Or, if the chat feature is distracting, turn it off by switching the video to full screen.
AFTER THE SERVICE
1) Continue to use the chat feature to encourage others, share something God is teaching you, or write a blessing or prayer.
2) Discuss your printed resources in a Gospel Community during the week.
RESOURCES FOR WHOLE-LIFE WORSHIP
[more coming soon]
We’ve curated an extensive list of resources where you can learn more about worship here.