Important Info & Registration for In-Person Gatherings
Dear Grace City family,
This weekend, 9/13 at 10:00 AM, we will begin hosting in-person worship gatherings at Asterisk for the first time in 6 months! I know many of you are excited to come back together, see friends you haven’t seen in a long time, and worship as the church gathered — as are we! Please note these simple changes that will allow us to gather safely and fully express our love for God and for our neighbors:
- When to Stay Home: If you are sick or have been in close contact with someone who’s sick, if you have a fever over 100.0 F, and especially if you are coughing, please stay home and worship along with our livestream.
- Preregistration: Take a moment each week to preregister you/your family unit here that way we can maintain the proper attendance limits for safe distancing. [Note: We are currently limited to 60 people + staff by state order.]
- Parking: You’re welcome to use 2-hour street parking (always free on Sundays) or the south lot at University Prep (24th & Arapahoe) one block away. Please reserve the Denver Mural lot for first-time guests and others with special needs.
- Single Point of Entry: Please enter through the lobby doors off Park Ave. These will be marked and propped open for you.
- Temperature Checks: Everyone will be required to have a touchless, infrared temperature check before entering the building. If your skin temp is over 100.0 F, you will not be permitted to enter.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations: Please use the touchless hand sanitizer when you first enter the building to ensure you are not bringing in germs on your hands. Other stations are placed strategically throughout the building for your use.
- Physical Distancing: Please maintain 6 feet of distance between you/your family unit and others the entire time coming to/from and attending services.
- Mask Up: Everyone will be required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times while inside the building (in accordance with state/local regulations).
- No Grace Kids: You are welcome to bring your children — they’re part of our family! — but we are awaiting more data before we relaunch our slate of kids’ ministries. Bring what you need to set your kids up for success when you attend (a Bible, books, crayons, coloring pages, snacks can be helpful). For elementary ages, print out our Worship Guide to bring with you!
- No Food or Drink: In an effort to limit high-touch surfaces, congregating, and mask removal inside the building, we will not be providing coffee and snacks for now. Please do not bring your own food/drink, except for small children and medical necessities.
- Dispersed Seating: We have the auditorium preset with groups of chairs that are socially distanced. Please come in and find the right number of seats for your group. If you’d like a small table, please be sure to register for one in advance.
- Restrooms: Please limit 2 persons at a time in the main restrooms and use only the stalls that are clearly marked for use.
- Single Point of Exit: We know many of you will want to hang out at the conclusion of the service and fellowship. To do so as safely as possible, please exit through the front doors off Park Ave (by the rollup door) shortly after the conclusion of the service, and catch up with each other outside.
- Cleaning During/Between Services: High-touch surfaces will be disinfected multiple times throughout the service. All surfaces will be cleaned/disinfected before each service.
Finally, remember that we will continue to livestream our full service at 10:00 AM each Sunday here. If you are unable to attend in person, or if you’re simply more comfortable joining us from home right now, this is for you! Join us live as much as possible and drop a note in the comments so we know we’re all together in this!
Regardless of the setting of your worship, we urge charity, unity, and humility toward those making a different choice. Please join us in praying that our church would grow in what it means to follow Jesus together as we all adjust to the new realities of our world today. If you have questions or need prayer for anything, we’d love to hear from you!
grace + peace,